For paid services and content, you may be able to deduct some of these expenses on your taxes; please consult a licensed tax professional.
- Massage Business Blueprint: Everything you ever wanted to know about how to run your massage business but you might not have learned in your business skills classes. Lots of free information and an amazing podcast, plus paid-access to premium resources and a wonderful members-only community for $17 a month.
- ABMP: Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals is one of the leaders in liability insurance, on-line CEUs, and marketing materials -- all included in the yearly cost of your membership.
- PurePro: Located in Western Massachusetts, Pure Pro is a therapist owned and operated company that creates and manufactures the highest quality bodywork, facial, and skin care products specifically designed for massage therapists, estheticians, spas, and alternative health care professionals. I use their Peppermint Pedango and Arnica Relief Massage Lotion.
- The Jojoba Company: Located in Waldoboro, Maine, the Jojoba Company offers the highest quality, first-press jojoba product on the market. As a liquid wax ester, it doesn't go rancid like triglyceride-based products, it holds up to temperature fluctuations, and it's non-allergenic. A little bit goes a long way; 1 liter can last me almost a full year.
- Google Domains: Pick your domain(s) of choice for as little as $12 per year! Then, choose from free or paid providers to build your website, or redirect to a link of your choice (your ABMP-hosted site, your online scheduler, etc.; but really, you need an actual website).
- Acuity Scheduling: Online scheduling with amazing, personable technical support. Choose the subscription that best fits your needs; paid plans include automatic e-mail reminders to reduce no-shows and syncing with external calendars. I use the $25/month plan for automatic text message reminders.
- Square: Accept credit and debit card payments wherever you go, with a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer! Can also accept payments while off-line until you get to a place with cellular or wi-fi connection. Costs only a small percentage per transaction. Also offers an online store for products, gift certificates, or e-gift cards; real, plastic gift cards cost extra.
- Mailchimp: Super simple e-mail marketing tool that will walk you through how to design a beautiful newsletter -- or you can send quick, plain-text blurbs. For lists with fewer than 2,000 subscribers, you can send up to 12,000 emails per month absolutely free, no credit card required.
- MailerLite: Even simpler than Mailchimp, with a nice Free price-point if you have fewer than 1000 subscribers and send fewer than 12,000 emails a month.